Saturday, March 19, 2011

Duly Instituted and Installated

It was a grand day today. On a day when several people were out of town, and many more people were unavailable due to a local production of Peter Pan (opening night tonight), we still managed to have nearly a full house for the official installation service declaring me as Rector of St. Luke's.

My new bishop arrived on time and preached a very good sermon -- for those who have ears, let them hear. Gifts were given and I, taking a cue from one of my very best of friends, gave gifts to the people of the parish celebrating their ministries within the congregation.

The hymns were excellent -- of course, since I chose them. ;)

And then we all headed into the parish hall where we had a great dinner.

All in all, one of the better days of life.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.