Sunday, January 29, 2012

Annual Meeting

We had our annual meeting at church today. One service at 9 a.m. so that the 8 a.m. crowd didn't have to come back and the 10:30 crowd had to come early.

This was really my first annual meeting as the rector. Yeah, I know . . . I was the rector at last year's annual meeting; but I had only been on the job for just under two months, so all I really did was write up something that talked about how happy I was to be there, say how happy I was to be there and that I was looking forward to the upcoming year, and then listen to my senior warden lead us through the meeting and financial reports.

This year it was all mine, baby.

I formatted things a little differently. My new treasurer did a great job with her presentation. We elected new vestry members and convention delegates. And then we shared a potluck meal.

It was a good meeting with good food and a good nap afterwards. And now I've got about 30 minutes until I watch a meaningless football game.

2 comments:

Lady Anne | 4:19 PM, January 31, 2012  

Two years ago our rector had been "on the job" for a month, but we'd had so much snow that we hadn't been able to have services two of those Sundays, so her report was entitled "The First Nine Days". We've had our Annual Meeting on the first Sunday in February for as long as I can remember, but there is a vote on the table to change it to a Sunday in November, which makes a lot more sense. We could actually start the new year with a budget in hand! What a concept!

Reverend Ref + | 5:38 PM, January 31, 2012  

I'm not too concerned about the budget, that gets taken care of. But the earlier meeting would allow for more time with the vestry. As it is now, a January annual meeting generally means at least one "lame-duck" session for the vestry.

First time comments will be moderated.