Friday, February 17, 2012

Wedding Weirdness

Fridays are my day off. Most of the time I spend it at home doing laundry and some general housework.

Tomorrow my vestry is having their "retreat." I've never really done one of these, so the whole thing is kind of weird and I really don't have a handle on it. Nevertheless, we are spending the day together doing some stuff and hopefully that will be a good thing.

Because of that Saturday get together, I had to go into the office for a bit today to get a few things done in preparation for the event.

When I walked in, my secretary gave me a phone message she took earlier today from a gal who wants to get married "in a small church."

The weirdness comes when, like listening to Paul Harvey, I was given the rest of the story. It turns out that she's a member of the local megachurch in town, but that venue is apparently not to her liking for a wedding. (I will refrain from using the word auditorium when I talk to her.) She also wants her own pastor to be involved in the ceremony. I think there was something else, but I quit listening at this point. It was probably something along the lines of "next week," but I'm not entirely sure.

So, Tuesday I will call her back and give her the list of requirements and, maybe, send her a wedding guide.

And speaking of wedding guides, she might be better off going here.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.