Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Thomas

So I'm working on my annual St. Thomas sermon.  I plan on dealing with the issue of doubt and why that is not a bad thing.

As I was pondering the sermon, the phrase, "to the removal of scruple and doubt" popped into my head.  I couldn't remember where I had heard that phrase before, but I knew that I wasn't just making it up.  I also knew that, since I'm a lifelong Episcopalian, it had to come from the BCP (yep, we don't have scripture pop into our heads, we have partial phrases from the BCP pop up).

Unfortunately there is no concordance for the BCP, so I had to mull it over, look here and there, call a friend, do some digging and finally, with the help from a little creative googling, I found it.

It shows up in the Exhortation on page 317 in the middle paragraph.

Could the geeks at 815 please create an online BCP Concordance?

2 comments:

Dawgdays | 12:05 AM, April 04, 2013  

The BCP is available in PDF, which is searchable. It's not the same as a concordance, but if the words are unusual enough....

Dawgdays | 12:06 AM, April 04, 2013  

How about BCP in PDF? It's searchable.

First time comments will be moderated.