Sunday, November 03, 2013

Bishop's Visit

The bishop was here for his official visitation yesterday and today.  All in all, it went well.  Probably could have gone better, but it didn't go badly.

The meeting with the vestry yesterday evening was okay and he gave them some answers to questions they had.  They didn't necessarily like the answer, but it's an answer and (hopefully) that issue has been put to bed.

The services today went well.  I'm not exactly sure what happened, but it seemed like everyone showed up today.  People who haven't been to church in ages picked today to arrive.  So that helped make things feel good.

The potluck was great.  People enjoyed themselves.  The bishop preached a good sermon.  And I only dropped one wafer which managed to land on its side and roll across the sanctuary floor.  Ish.

Other than that, we all survived.

And now, despite the extra hour of sleep last night, I am beat.  So I'm heading home early for a nap.

2 comments:

Lady Anne | 5:59 PM, November 03, 2013  

Everyone to whom I have spoken has said they are more tired today than usual. Weird.

I'm glad you had a good turn out for the Bishop. Usually folks stay away in droves.

Reverend Ref + | 6:34 PM, November 03, 2013  

I think it has to do with the time change. I know I slept well, but was up at normal time. Then I laid down to enjoy that extra hour, fell asleep hard and had a hard time waking up. I should've just gotten up in the first place dammit.

First time comments will be moderated.