Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Always Surprised

I visited a parishioner this morning.  She's elderly and relatively homebound, but also rather spry and spunky despite having various aches and pains that come with being mid-80's or so.

We talked a little about stuff, catching up with each other because it had been awhile since I had been out to her place.

Suddenly her face lit up and she said, "I have a joke for you!"

"Okay ..."

"Two little boys are in the hospital next to each other getting ready for surgery.  The first boy asks the second boy, 'What are you in here for?'  The second boy says, 'I'm having my tonsils out.'  'Oh,' says the first boy, 'that's easy.  They put you to sleep and when you wake up you get all the ice cream you can eat!'

The second boy then asks the first boy, 'What are you in here for?'  He replies, 'I'm having something called a circumcision.'  The second boy gets a horrified look on his face and says, 'Oh ... that's awful.  I had one of those when I was born and I couldn't walk for a year!' "

After that, it was time for Communion.

0 comments:

First time comments will be moderated.